Well as usual, I changed my mind. Once I had stenciled the cabinet, all I could see on it was a white knob.
I cut a stencil for the door using our Cricut machine. It is an older model but I have enough cartridges for just about anything I want to do. I wanted to do something soft and scrolled and decided on this pattern. I used Home Hardware Designer Series matte paint in white that I had on hand from another project.
I originally planned on painting it in all four corners but when I completed two of them I liked the effect just as it was.
I picked a ceramic knob in plain white and white hinges from our store as well. I am still on the lookout for some vintage brass casters so that it is easier to move around in the sunroom.
Les did some adjusting on the hinges after these photos were taken so that the door closed properly. Even a slight difference from the previous hinges as well as a couple layers of paint can change the way a door fits.
I didn’t have much time before my grandsons arrived so I quickly dressed it up for a couple of photos. I keep my apples and pears in a vintage ironstone mold. It is just the right size to hold a few pieces of fruit. I find I waste less this way.
And this is the season for daffodils, at least in Alberta. They are such a sunny flower!
One project done. Many more to go!
- Cabinet Progress
- A Crate from a Drawer